Friday, February 1, 2013

End of December/ Beginning of January in Pictures [and Captions]

The holiday season, and the end of 2012/ beginning of 2013, brought visits from friends and family, adventures all around Belize (and even a trip to Guatemala), and a distinct lack of blogging.  Here's to a belated new year's resolution to more actively share my adventures. 




Prepping for 12-21-12 by visiting Tikal in Guatemala.

Rehearsing for the end of Mayan calendar festivities.
Some of the most stunning Mayan ruins in Central America, and only 25 miles from Gallon Jug - as the toucan flies.
The pit for making pork pibil, my favorite menu item at Chan Chich, and the featured item for the 12-21-12 celebration.

A new addition at Chan Chich - great spot for animal and bird watching.

My newest hobby - jungle mountain biking.  So far only one flat tire...much better record than I've had with the Jeep.
Laguna Seca, the dry lake.
Chan Chich's purpose built bird watching boat.

Can you find the bird in this picture?
Tiger-Heron
Getting ready to launch the inaugural voyage - the Chan Chich guys were certain I wouldn't catch anything using 'plastic'.

Bay Snook

Let's call this a Belizean sunfish.  I've forgotten its proper name.


Impromptu volleyball clinich at CCS.

A wonderful gift to the school from my parents.

After 4 hours under ground at ATM cave, unfortunately no cameras allowed.



And after only 6 months living above a stable, I finally went horseback riding.

My trusted steed Irish.


No comments:

Post a Comment